Thursday, October 8, 2009

Stanford Online Courses

Although I'm not doing a degree or certificate which would be good, but is a little bit too time-intensive for me right now, I'm learning computer science online through Stanford. That's how I came across these cool Webinars that I thought I'd share with my readers.

Better, Faster, Cheaper:
Bridging the gap between great ideas and great products

Speaker: Kurt A. Beiter, Stanford University
October 15, 2009
9:00-10:00AM pacific

Register for this webinar

If we build it, will it sell?
Speaker: David Beach, Stanford University
October 21, 2009
9:00-10:00AM pacific

Register for this webinar


Course Description
Bridging the gap between great ideas and great products

If you are looking to improve the competitiveness of your company's products by addressing new value propositions, life-cycle cost and quality issues, join us on Thursday, October 15, to explore a range of topics including:

  • CVCA: Consider all your stakeholders
  • Use of case scenarios: What do your customers really want?
  • QFD: It's all about the requirements
  • Probabilistic NPV: What's it going to cost me?
  • AFMEA: That didn't just happen, did it?
  • Robust design: Make sure you want the peach before you look at the fuzz...

The webinar is open to all and is highly recommended for teams interested in enrolling in the dfM course while working on a real project from your company.

Tuition Options:
Webinar $0.00 ?

No comments: