Saturday, June 20, 2009

Artists wanted to draw London Map



I am looking for beautiful hand-drawn maps of London. The map should be of Central London with the major streets and landmarks detailed. It can be black and white or similar to the map shown above. The mapmaker will receive £500 and have his artwork sold in bookstores, gift shops, and online.


Map Size: 22.5 by 10 inches.


Hand drawn map must be based on this map. Note where the map stops. Major streets names should be labeled so someone can use the map.

Examples of similar maps to help you. These pictures should give you a sense of the style of mapping I am looking for. Paper most likely will be tan, and I think it's best to just use black ink or pencil.




Style: It should be like traditional English Maps. Imagine this map will be leather bound. Like this:


I think it should have these nice things:

A sign post saying "Dragons Spotted Here" where the London Dragon Statue is.
Some apple trees.


Submission, rules, and rights:


Please contact me with your prior works or portfolio by emailing me taige @ london sf . com if you're interested and we'll have a meeting. Thanks.

No comments: