Thursday, March 20, 2008

What am I doing right now?


Right now I am on the National Express train from Leeds to London watching How I Met Your Mother (thanks to Jason always making me watch it whenever I went over.) They have free wifi on the trains and outlets for computers. Anyways, I was sent there to deliver a big cake for CHI & Partners' client. Going there I had to stand in the train hallway near the toilet for roughly 3 hours because the cake was so big that I couldn't get through the door. Plus there were no seats at first.


After delivering the cake, I went to a restaurant to eat. It was a buffet and I ate too much. It was crazy how much I ate, but through goal setting and belt easement, I neared 6 plates. I had hoped to eat ice cream, but it was just too much for me. Then I took a taxi back to the train station.

Update: I am finally home. 11:51 PM. Wow. That took a while. I was thinking about taking a cab back but it wasn't raining much so I decided to walk back home from King's Cross. Plus I didn't know if it would be expensed. Oh and I totally called the cabbie's fib because at first I was thinking about taking a cab back since it was drizzling so I called for a cab, but then I realized it wasn't too bad. So I asked the cabbie how to walk back. He told me, but I didn't trust him so I asked a few other people. I am quite proud of my intuition. Anyways, on the way back home I got a bit scared as I have several times in London. The tree branches. The moon and dark smoky clouds. The alien glow from a window. Pitch black old windows that seem to hide the devil and its ghostly curtains. A bunched up flag describing a tortured human visage. It doesn't surprise me Sherlock Holmes was born out of this place. However, it's hard to really be scared when you're surrounded by people and cars and such. I let my imagination go for a run every once in a while.

No comments: